what is wordpress and why use it
WHAT IS WORDPRESS AND WHY USE IT ? One of the earliest clichés I remember is one that my father used frequently, “Necessity is the mother of invention”. Being born and raised in the Industrial Era, he often described in depth why many objects came into existence and how the first prototype was constantly modified by research and development. The aim was to make life even better than before. Though times have changed, the basic methodology of science is still the same. Technological advancements have added a new dimension to innovation and design.
So what has all this got to with WordPress?
Hang on, I’m getting there. At the turn of the century, technological advancements were making life as easy and accessible as possible. Goods and services that had to be bought or done physically could now be done effortlessly and quicker online.
This became the new booming market. Hence the online craze started. Anything and everything that could be was on the net. Since there was a vast need for online marketing, software were created to fulfill this demand. WordPress is one of the many applications developed to cater to our never-ending needs.
WordPress is a systems software designed for people of ordinary computer background knowledge. You don’t have to be a programmer or web designer to be able to utilize WordPress. The sole objective of this company is to provide a platform for people to easily share their stories, products, and services.
So, what does WordPress actually mean in layman terms? It is an open-source and free web publishing application. For those that are not so tech savvy, this means the source code ( the fundamental component of a program) of this application is released under a license in which the copyright holder grants users the rights to study, change, and distribute the software to anyone and for any purpose.
Having said that, WordPress also allows users to build dynamic websites and blogs that may be updated, customized and managed. By being able to study the source code, many users are able to modify portions of the application to match the demands of a specific need. WordPress is not solely for web design; it can also be used by bloggers.
It was initially developed as a blogging tool, built by a community of developers and contributors, but has now evolved over the years into a versatile content management system (CMS). And what is this in simple English you may ask? It is a process which allows the adding of content pages directly to the web this brings us to the main question: Why WordPress? Why do top brands such as CNN, eBay, Facebook, Time Magazine, Google, etc use WordPress? So let’s get down to listing just a few of the reasons what is WordPress and why use it let’s more explain
1. WordPress is free. Yes, it’s true; free for anyone to download, install and use.
2. As mentioned before, it is an open-source application. This gives you the freedom to study and modify it to best suit your needs. It also gives you the freedom to use and distribute the modified version.
3. Due to its open-source nature, WordPress has been categorized as a community software. Forums have facilitated large groups of people in coming together to discuss, support and share ideas, problems, or techniques. As they say, sharing is caring.
4. At times, technology can be daunting, but this not the case for WordPress. It is easy to learn and use. Online tutorials and step by step guides can be utilized to effectively master every feature of this application. And if all else fails, at a nominal cost, professionals can be hired to manage the initial phase. Problem solved!
5. The availability of free themes or templates provides you with numerous options for the design and layout for your site. WordPress is easy to customize, meaning you can change the color, logo, or background without difficulty. A panel of options instantly provides modifications through the use of sliders. Whoever said you needed to be a programmer to design a website?!
6. WordPress is a basic template that allows room for expansion. If your site requires extra functionality, many plugins are available. (A plugin is a software component that adds a specific feature to an existing program.) Quite a lot is — yes, again— free, but premium ones are also available for those of you that require something unique.
6. For any application to stay on top, updates must be readily available. Not only does WordPress notify of available updates for your themes and plugins, but it also allows you to effortlessly manage them. This, by far, is one of its most salient features.
7. I’m going to bring in my father’s favorite quote now, “Necessity is the mother of invention.” As new needs and demands come, applications must adapt to cater to them. WordPress has a built-in support system to manage not only text, but also images, audio, and video content.
8. Accessibility is the key to success. WordPress is designed to be SEO friendly that is to be easily accessible by all search engines. The key to digital marketing is to increase the traffic to your website.
9. Everyone is hooked to one form of social media or another. WordPress supports oEmbed enabled websites, thereby linking users on your site, allowing them to embed YouTube videos, Tweets, Soundcloud audio, Instagram photos, etc.
Above all, the functionalities of WordPress are endless. For those who are looking for options, opportunities are limitless. It is a user-friendly technology providing choices and inspiration for everyone. Though competition is tough because other applications, such as Weebly and Squarespace, are providing features that are slightly different from WordPress. But then, this is true for any product available on the market. what is WordPress and why use it I believe the best way for anyone to actually make the right choice is to use this application to gain a firsthand experience and then make an educated decision.
what is WordPress or what is WordPress and why use it Hope You understand if you have any q comment here I will reply soon